Do you need a Dental Implant
How to tell if you need a Dental Implant: A comprehensive guide
Missing teeth can have a significant impact on your life both physically and emotionally. Eating and speaking can become difficult, and your self-esteem and confidence can take a hit. In some cases, it can even lead to social anxiety and embarrassment.
If you have a missing tooth or teeth, then you may have considered getting a dental implant. However, how do you know if you need one? In this comprehensive guide, we will discuss everything you need to know about dental implants, so you can make an informed decision about your oral health.
Understanding dental implants: what they are and how they work
Dental implants are artificial teeth that are implanted into your jawbone. They are made of titanium and are designed to be a permanent solution for missing teeth. A dental implant itself consists of three parts: the implant itself, the abutment, and the crown. The implant is surgically placed into your jawbone, where it fuses with the bone over time. The abutment is a connector that attaches the implant to the crown, which is the visible part of the tooth.
Dental implants are an excellent option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to injury, decay or periodontal disease. They are also suitable for people who have worn dentures for a long time and are looking for a more permanent solution.
Signs that you may need a dental implant
If you are missing a tooth or teeth, you may be a good candidate for a dental implant. However, there are certain signs that indicate you need a dental implant.
- You have a missing tooth or teeth: This is the most obvious sign that you may need a dental implant. Whether you lost a tooth due to injury, decay or gum disease, a dental implant is an effective solution that can help restore your smile.
- Your teeth are shifting: When you have missing teeth, the surrounding teeth may start to shift and move out of place. This can cause bite issues, difficulty chewing and can also affect your speech. Getting a dental implant can help prevent these issues and ensure your remaining teeth stay in place.
- You have difficulty eating: If you’re having difficulty eating certain foods or are avoiding certain foods altogether due to missing teeth, it’s time to consider a dental implant. A dental implant functions just like a natural tooth, allowing you to chew and eat your favourite foods without worry.
- Your speech is affected: Missing teeth can cause difficulty with pronunciation and can affect your speech. This can be embarrassing and can also impact your professional and personal life. A dental implant can help restore your speech and boost your confidence.
- Your self-esteem is affected: Having missing teeth can greatly impact your self-esteem and confidence. You may feel self-conscious when smiling or talking to others. A dental implant can help you regain your confidence and improve your quality of life.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, then you should book a free consultation with us at our dental practice in Preston to determine if a dental implant is right for you.
Benefits of dental implants
There are several tooth replacement options available, including dentures and dental bridges. However, dental implants offer several benefits over these options:
- Improved oral health: Dental implants do not require the removal of any healthy teeth, which can help preserve your oral health.
- Improved speech: Missing teeth can affect your speech, and dental implants can help you speak more clearly.
- Natural: Dental implants are designed to feel and function like natural teeth. With our premium option, we will be able to match the current shade of your teeth to make your dental implant blend in and look the same as your natural teeth.
- Improved appearance: Giving you the confidence to smile again.
- Long-lasting: A permanent solution for missing teeth that can last a lifetime with the proper care.
The dental implant procedure: What to expect
The dental implant procedure consists of several steps. The first step is your free consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
If you are, then the next step is the surgical placement of the implant into your jawbone.
After the implant is placed, the implant will then fuse with the bone over time. This process can take several months and you will need to follow a strict aftercare routine to ensure proper healing.
Once the implant has fused with the bone, the abutment is placed, and impressions are taken to create the crown.
The crown is then attached to the abutment, completing the dental implant procedure.
How much do dental implants cost
The cost of our dental implants starts from £2500 for a single tooth.
To help spread the cost, we offer several financing options available to help make dental implants more affordable to those who need them.
For more information on our finance options, take a look at our website.
At our dental practice in Preston, we understand the importance of having a healthy and beautiful smile. Our experienced team is here to help you determine whether a dental implant is the right solution for you.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards restoring your smile and confidence.