Do you currently have loose fitting dentures? Do you wish you had a fixed solution for your missing teeth?
Dental implants may be the answer for you.
The long-term consequences of tooth loss include:
- A reduction in bite force – This can make it difficult to eat and chew properly, reducing your enjoyment of food and the number of nutrients you absorb from the food.
- Bone loss – Once you lose teeth, the supporting bone also starts to become lost and this can result in premature ageing.
Long-term health can also be affected as you struggle to chew fully this can lead to digestive problems. We understand that missing teeth and gaps in your smile can be very embarrassing and really affect your confidence.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Unlike fitting a bridge, there is no need to adjust the adjacent teeth to fit a dental implant
- Dental implants can close large gaps in the teeth which would be difficult to do with a bridge or denture.
- Dental implants can be used to secure a loose denture
- Reduce the aging effects of tooth loss
- Increase your ability to chew
- Improve your general health in the long term by being able to absorb all the nutrients from your food.
Dental Implant treatment can be provided with sedation for nervous patients. If your nervous about this process then the placement of the implant can be undertaken under sedation which can make it a much more pleasant process.
Dental Implant treatment can be provided with sedation for nervous patients.
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants offer a permanent solution for your missing teeth. A dental implant is essentially a substitute for a natural root and commonly it is screw or cylinder shaped. Each implant is placed into a socket carefully drilled at the precise location of the intended tooth. Often the implant can be placed at the same time as removal of the tooth all on the same day.
In order to support replacement teeth, dental implants normally have some form of an internal screw thread or post space that allows a variety of components to be fitted. Once fitted, these components provide the foundation for long-term support of crowns, bridges or dentures.
Association of Dental Implantology
The ADI aims to provide the public with an improved understanding of the benefits of implantology, and Members with the benefits of continuous skills development, safeguarding standards.
Why Choose Lifestyle Dental?
We are a new high-quality, private dental practice, caring for you in a modern, relaxing environment.
Modern, upscale environment engineered to relax even the most nervous of patients.
Imaging software to show what can be done to your smile before you have anything done.
What Our "Happy Customers Are Saying"
"In my opinion Lifestyle Dental Practice, using the FGDP’s classification from Standards in Dentistry, is a Grade A where a standard of excellence has been achieved."
Dr Chris May, FGDP Dental Practice Assessor , Preston
"15 years younger"
"I'm nearly 60 and feel 15 years younger with my veneers, thanks to Nadim and the girls at Lifestyle Dental. They were fantastic & I recommend anybody"
"I'm quite nervous about dental work but the staff provided excellent explanations which made me feel relaxed and it wasn't that painful at all & I'm quite soft."