Missing teeth can have a significant impact on your life. Your confidence is often knocked, sometimes causing you to avoid having your photograph taken or covering your mouth when you smile. Dental implants are a permanent and natural-looking solution to missing teeth.
At Lifestyle Dental in Preston, our experienced dentists have fitted hundreds of dental implants for our patients. We have seen first hand how dental implants can affect people’s lives.
Our practice benefits from modern technology, including a CT scanner. This allows us to scan your jaw within our practice, and not have to refer you elsewhere. We also have an intraoral scanner in the practice which provides a much more comfortable alternative to having impressions taken.
What are the long-term consequences of missing teeth?
Having missing teeth isn’t just a cosmetic problem. It can have a significant impact on your overall dental health if left untreated.
- Reduction in bite force – Having less teeth means that you will have a reduction of bite force, making it difficult to eat and chew properly. This will reduce your enjoyment of food and the amount of nutrients that you will absorb.
- Bone loss – After you have lost a tooth, or teeth, the supporting bone within the gum will start to deteriorate as it isn’t being stimulated. This bone loss can lead to premature ageing.
- Movement of surrounding teeth – When you have a gap where a tooth used to be, the surrounding teeth will naturally start to move into a new position. This can cause a range of alignment problems.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is essentially a substitute for a natural tooth root and is commonly screw shaped. They are made from titanium which offers strong and stable support for a replacement tooth to be fitted.
The implant is carefully placed into the bone within the gum under local anaesthetic. We also offer sedation options for nervous patients. Once the implant has been placed and has healed, the replacement tooth can be fitted. This is either a crown, a bridge or even a denture for multiple teeth.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- The adjacent teeth aren’t affected by fitting the implant
- Large gaps can be closed, which is difficult to do with a bridge or denture
- Can be used to secure loose dentures
- Reduce and slow down the ageing effects of tooth loss
- Improves your ability to chew
- Boosts your confidence
- Restores your former natural smile
Association of Dental Implantology
The Association of Dental Implantology (ADI) aims to provide the public with an improved understanding of the benefits of implantology, and members with the benefits of continuous skills development, safeguarding standards.
Why Choose Lifestyle Dental?
We are a new high-quality, private dental practice, caring for you in a modern, relaxing environment.
Modern, upscale environment engineered to relax even the most nervous of patients.
Imaging software to show what can be done to your smile before you have anything done.
What Our Happy Customers Are Saying
"In my opinion Lifestyle Dental Practice, using the FGDP’s classification from Standards in Dentistry, is a Grade A where a standard of excellence has been achieved."
Dr Chris May, FGDP Dental Practice Assessor , Preston
"15 years younger"
"I'm nearly 60 and feel 15 years younger with my veneers, thanks to Nadim and the girls at Lifestyle Dental. They were fantastic & I recommend anybody"
"I'm quite nervous about dental work but the staff provided excellent explanations which made me feel relaxed and it wasn't that painful at all & I'm quite soft."