Managing During Lockdown
As we enter another week of lockdown I wanted to re-emphasize a few things to bear in mind and to keep focused on during this time
- Be sure to connect with friends and family. You can use facetime and apps like Whatsapp to do this. See my previous blog post about keeping in touch. If you are aware of any vulnerable neighbours or people in your area then maybe just give them a ring or knock on the door to see if they are ok.
- Media- I would recommend limiting the amount of time spent on watching TV and also social media there can be a lot of negativity out there and you generally only need to spend a few minutes a day to catch up on the days events and then be up to date.
- Eat well – remember to look after yourself eat a balanced meal at regular times of the day.
- Addictions- It can be stressful and can be very easy to slip into bad habits like smoking or alcohol to cope so be aware of this and use alternative coping strategies like exercise going for a walk or reading a book or meditation
- Past experiences- we have all been through difficult times in the past and succeeded and this is good to reflect on at this time. this too shall pass.
Hope that helps