What Should You Ask Your Implant Dentist?
Here are a few questions you should ask of your dentist and get the answers to before deciding to go ahead.
1. How many implants do I need?
The number of implants often determines the complexity of the procedure and also will have some implication of the cost. Also, in some cases, if there is not enough good quality of bone then more implants may be required.
2. What implant system will the implant surgeon be using?
There are over 500 implant systems around and some have more research behind them than others. The ones in the top 3 have over 20 years of research which means they are safe and effective
3. How much does the procedure cost?
It is really important to get the full costings for the implant and the crown on top. Also if you do require any bone grafting (artificial bone), will this be extra or will this be included in the fee?
4. Can I have sedation for my implant placement? –
Implant placement is a very safe process, although it does involve surgery. We find that people are much more comfortable with some sedation, which helps you to relax and to not be too concerned by the whole process, so this is something you need to ask.
5. Immediate or delayed – Will you have a provisional set of teeth straight way or will you have to wear some dentures for some time whilst the implants heal within the bone?
6. Removable or fixed – The bridge that you have supported on top of the implants – will it be a removable one, or will it be fixed (one that cannot be removed)?
7, How many Implants has the dentist placed?
its a good to get an idea of the experience of the dentist involved and also if you feel comfortable with dentist. Most dentists will keep an audit of all the implants placed and be able to tell you exactly how many placed with an idea of success rate.
8, Is there any Guarantee?
At Lifestyle Dental we have the ability to insure your implants over loss if you ask us more about this we can let you know
So I hope that helps a little I understand that it can be difficult to get the information you need so if you need any more hep or advice feel free email us at email@example.com or call us on 01772 717316