What we’re doing to help keep you safe
- Going above and beyond our usual high standards of hygiene
- Introducing additional PPE in line with healthcare guidance
- Offering video consultations and complete-at-home forms
- Minimising the number of patients in the practice at any time
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting touch points
At Lifestyle Dental, we have extensive knowledge and experience in root canal treatment.
Root canal treatment, also known as endodontics, is need when the blood or nerve supply of the tooth, known as the pulp, is infected through decay or injury. During a root canal procedure, the nerve and pulp are removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed.
Why would I need root canal treatment?
The tooth’s nerves lie within the root canal and when this gets infected, it can be extremely painful. Without root canal treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth will become infected and abscesses may form. Swelling that occurs can spread to other areas of the face, neck or head.
How does a tooth’s nerve get damaged?
A tooth’s nerve and pulp can become irritated, inflamed and infected due to deep decay, repeated dental procedures on one tooth, large fillings, a crack or chip in the tooth or trauma to the face.
What are the symptoms that I should look out for?
- Pain when eating or drinking hot or cold food and drink
- Pain when biting or chewing
- A loose tooth
- Pain when biting or chewing returning
- Swelling of the gum near the affected tooth
- Pus oozing from the affected tooth
- Facial swelling
- The tooth becoming a darker colour
If you notice yourself suffering from any of these symptoms or suffering from any other pain, it is important to book an appointment to see a dentist.
Why Choose Lifestyle Dental?
We are a new high-quality, private dental practice, caring for you in a modern, relaxing environment.
Modern, upscale environment engineered to relax even the most nervous of patients.
Imaging software to show what can be done to your smile before you have anything done.
What Our Happy Customers Are Saying
"In my opinion Lifestyle Dental Practice, using the FGDP’s classification from Standards in Dentistry, is a Grade A where a standard of excellence has been achieved."
Dr Chris May, FGDP Dental Practice Assessor , Preston
"15 years younger"
"I'm nearly 60 and feel 15 years younger with my veneers, thanks to Nadim and the girls at Lifestyle Dental. They were fantastic & I recommend anybody"
"I'm quite nervous about dental work but the staff provided excellent explanations which made me feel relaxed and it wasn't that painful at all & I'm quite soft."