Do you have loose ill-fitting dentures?
Would you like to have fixed solution to your missing teeth?
If so then dental implants may be the answer for you.
The loss of teeth can have a major impact on your life and this is something we totally understand.
Some of the long term consequences of tooth loss include:
- A reduction in bite force - making it difficult to eat and chew properly and reducing your enjoyment of food and also the nutrients that you get from your food.
- Bone loss - once you loose teeth the bone supporting the teeth is also lost and this can result in a premature ageing effect as the muscles of the face begin to sag.
Long term health can also be effected as you struggle to chew fully this can lead to digestive problems.
And we understand that missing teeth and gaps in your smile can be very embarrassing and really effect your confidence.
However now with dental implants you get your confidence back some of the benefits of dental implants include:
- A single dental implant can be a fixed tooth which is integrated within the jaw so this means that there is no need to adjust the adjacent healthy teeth (which is done in the case of a bridge)
- Dental implants can be used to close large gaps in the smile and in the mouth which are more difficult to fill with a bridge and you can avoid a denture
- Dental implants can be used to make those loose ill fitting denture far more secure allowing you the confidence to smile and eat without the embarassement of loose dentures
- This means that you can reduce the effect of tooth loss and in some cases reverse the ageing process which occurs as a result of tooth loss
- The increase in chewing ability by having a full complement of teeth makes it easier to chew and enjoy the food you like and you don’t have to make those compromises
- This can in the long term improve your general health too as your able to get all the nutrition you need from your food
Dental Implant treatment can be provided with sedation for nervous patients. If your nervous about this process then the placement of the implant can be undertaken under sedation which can make it a much more pleasant process.
Dental Implant treatment can be provided with sedation for nervous patients.
What is a dental Implant?
Dental implants offer a permanent solution for your missing teeth. A dental implant is essentially a substitute for a natural root and commonly it is screw or cylinder shaped. Each implant is placed into a socket carefully drilled at the precise location of the intended tooth. Often the implant can be placed at the same time as removal of the tooth all on the same day.
In order to support replacement teeth, dental implants normally have some form of internal screw thread or post space that allows a variety of components to be fitted. Once fitted, these components provide the foundation for long-term support of crowns, bridges or dentures.
Association of Dental Implantology
The ADI aims to provide the public with an improved understanding of the benefits of implantology, and Members with the benefits of continuous skills development, safeguarding standards.
Why Choose Lifestyle Dental?
We are a new high-quality, private dental practice, caring for you in a modern, relaxing environment.
Modern, upscale environment engineered to relax even the most nervous of patients.
Imaging software to show what can be done to your smile before you have anything done.
What Our "Happy Customers Are Saying"
"In my opinion Lifestyle Dental Practice, using the FGDP’s classification from Standards in Dentistry, is a Grade A where a standard of excellence has been achieved."
Dr Chris May, FGDP Dental Practice Assessor , Preston
"15 years younger"
"I'm nearly 60 and feel 15 years younger with my veneers, thanks to Nadim and the girls at Lifestyle Dental. They were fantastic & I recommend anybody"
"I'm quite nervous about dental work but the staff provided excellent explanations which made me feel relaxed and it wasn't that painful at all & I'm quite soft."